Monday 2 May 2016

Gorgeous, Talented And Fabulous

I recently watched Akeelah and the bee again. The first time I watched it when I was younger, all I really wanted was Akeelah's victory and I was so happy when she and that other guy, Dylan won. I actually just stumbled on the movie again and decided to watch it with all seriousness and I gained one or two things, especially from the par when she went to meet her coach to help her after she almost messed up the first time, he asked her to read some words written on a board hanged on the wall, and the words were:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
We ask ourselves who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within is
As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give people the ability to do the same


These words really touched me because they made a lot of sense and then the coach asked her what does it mean? She said I'm not supposed to be afraid of me


Sometimes, the major reason why we have problems with school work, office work, family issues, friends, and so on is because we have already written ourselves off before we even try anything out sometimes. Just because someone looks more pretty, appears more diligent, speaks more fluently, we just assume they are better than us and can deliver better than us. Even when they look better, who says we can't deliver better?

I'm definitely not asking us to be proud or something, but we should all try to be more confident in ourselves. Most rich and successful people exude confidence when you see them, because they know if they fail this time, they will keep trying and trying till they make it again, they don't really care about what people say, they are just concerned with their goals and to make sure they get them.

If we can deal with ourselves, stop being afraid of messing up when we haven't even started, we'll develop a skin so thick people would be so scared to put us down when we talk. Just stop putting yourself down

p.s: I just started blogging, I'm so new at this, I'll really appreciate it if you can drop your comments. Ciao!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post, AY. It's awesome and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete




  2. JOIN THE ILLUMINATI FROM NIGERIA, USA, OR ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD TODAY BE
    RICH, FAME, AND POSSES POWER. email us on info.
    henryjamesworldfamouse@gmail.com OR call us on +2349035823530 for
    immediate initiation New members registration is now open online now !!!!!


    BENEFITS GIVEN TO NEW MEMBERS WHO JOIN ILLUMINATI.

    A Cash Reward of USD $300,000 USD
    A New Sleek Dream CAR valued at USD $120,000 USD
    A Dream House bought in the country of your own choice
    One Month holiday (fully paid) to your dream tourist destination.
    One year Golf Membership package
    A V.I.P treatment in all Airports in the World
    A total Lifestyle change
    Access to Bohemian Grove
    Monthly payment of $1,000,000 USD into your bank account every month as a
    member
    One Month booked Appointment with Top 5 world Leaders and Top 5 Celebrities
    in the World.

    If you are interested call the hard quarter +2349035822530 or
    send your e-mail to info.henryjamesworldfamouse@gmail.com for
    immediately initiation.New members registration is now open online

    ReplyDelete

Please, post ONLY comments related to this ARTICLE.

You can now post comments using Anonymous. You can also add us on BBM: 7AC8D051

Thanks.

Featured post

After reading this communique, I felt a strong force in me to support the vision with my blog and I decided to offer CloudGossips for the ...