Sunday 6 August 2017

EKSUSU Election: SUG President, Aridiogo David, Released a Press Text

BEING A PRESIDENTIAL PRESS TEXT RELEASED ON THE JUST CONDUCTED EKSU STUDENTS' UNION ELECTION AND THE CONTROVERSIES THEREAFTER



Fellow Eksuites, I have decided to react to the various calls and threat messages that I have received after the just conducted Student's Union ELECTION, as a way of lending my voice to fellow students and the general public because of posterity.

I am doing this because of the innocent member of public or students who may ignorantly buy into their lies and may have a wrong impression about me or what transpired during, before and after the election.

They are active on Social media de-ranking the university name. Students have forgotten that they will still be the one to make use of the certificate, they are using the students challenges to get cheap popularity on Social media.

The election was conducted on August 3, 2017 under the leadership of our respected Dean of Students Prof. W. O. Adebayo and students came out in large numbers to cast their votes for their preferred candidates.

All I did as the President was to exercise my franchise just like every other students by voting for my candidate on that day. In the evening of Thursday, for reason I cannot fathom, the election result was not announced.

I tried to reach the Dean of Students and VC to know what went wrong but none of them were able to give me any response. Not until the Saturday day when, I was told by one the presidential aspirant that there were allegations of election irregularities during the electioneering period by some candidates and their agents and that the election cannot stand.

Students were outraged and angry but I tried to appeal to them not because I am afraid of protest but because I believe in peaceful resolution of conflict.

Also am not so that spft but due to fact that some students are clamoring for theirs exams to holds on Monday and for peace to continue to reign that is why I silent since on Friday.

Let the public know today that I Aridiogo David Olaitan aka Aruson supported Hardvize and worked for him tirelessly in this election and Sandra and other well meaning Nigerian students who supported him should bear witness to my claim.

Although, supporting hardvize does not mean that my support can single handedly guarantee his emergence since I am equally a student who is constrained by laws governing the University.

To me, I believe I have done the best I could do for him as a friend and fellow Comrade and that I supported Hardvize does not mean I hated Marcus or Bright or Ajiro. They are all my comrades and friends too. Unfortunately, politics is a game of interest.

We shall therefore not abdicate our responsibility with synergy to always work with all of you (Good and reasonable stakeholders) when the need arises in our collective aspirations to become one of the most vibrant students' union amongst others in all State Universities in Nigeria. This is our dream.

More importantly, I want to appreciate those who contested for various positions during the election. I say without equivocation that there was no victor and no vanquish.

OUR STAND STUDENTS

šŸŽ¤Eksuites should remain calm and be patient as Eksu-Sug and stakeholder meet with the School management tomorrow Monday 06/08/2017 to demand for Declaration of the 2017/2018 SUG Election and also to gather vital information of 2016/2017 Examinations

šŸŽ¤Entire Students' of Eksu appeal to the school management to pay off the staff of the university so that we will be able to Start our examinations this week.

MY ADVICE TO EKSU MANAGEMENT

Democracy as a system of government preaches freedom and electoral practices devoid of intimidation or any form of oppression. In view of this assumption, the University system anywhere in the world is expected to replicate this practice as a way of entrenching democratic culture among the students who are the leaders of tomorrow.

We hereby appeal to the University Management to quickly look into the issues surrounding the election and declare the winner.

MY ADVICE FOR THE STUDENTS

This is a trying period for us. I want to appeal to all of us to maintain our calm as we envisage a positive news from the school management on the result of the election and for vital information on when examination will holds.

Eksuites should please stay reduce the rate of making use of social media because history will tell on everyone of us and it will not have any effect on the school management, it will only have effect on us because we will be the one to make use of this certificate.

Hardvise, ajiro, Marcos and b-bright are friends and they will continue to be friends. So please don't let us create enemies between ourself. Thank you for usual co-operation and God bless you all.
I wish you all the very best in your exams.

MY ADVICE FOR EKSU ASUU, NASU, SSANU , NAAT

Our leaders, Lecturers Fathers, Mothers and teachers, we are pleading with all of you to show understanding with the school management even when we are not in support of nonpayment of your salaries. It is believed that the best approach now is to show cooperation so that Students in final year can graduate and Meet with next NYSC Batch.
I plead on behalf of Entire Students of Eksu you should consider us and let us write the examinations.
God bless you sir/ma.

ON A FINAL NOTE

As the outgoing Students Union President of Eksu, I want to say without any fear or favour that I am a fearless lion who fears no foe. I will continue to try my best to the best of my abilities and the enemies will continue to rant in their misfortune.

2016/2017 Examinations will not start tomorrow Monday 7/8/2017 due to the fact that ASUU will still need to holds resolution congress.
Am sorry if I have not being communicating through social media by Press Statement.


Eksu onibaje!

God bless Eksu
God bless Eksusu

Long live Ekiti State Nigeria

Aluta Continua...

Signed:
ARIDIOGO DAVID OLAITAN PKA ARUSON
OUTGOING EKSU-SUG PRESIDENT
08032110982

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please, post ONLY comments related to this ARTICLE.

You can now post comments using Anonymous. You can also add us on BBM: 7AC8D051

Thanks.

Featured post

After reading this communique, I felt a strong force in me to support the vision with my blog and I decided to offer CloudGossips for the ...